[act-ma] 6/19: D.L. Polonsky, Film Festival at the Somerville Theatre Saturday - non-violent anarchy - Final Reminder !!!

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Fri Jun 18 12:41:50 PDT 2010

-------- Original Message --------
*NONVIOLENT ANARCHY 5!!!*

5 Films from Boston Indie Filmmaker D.L. Polonsky

WHERE: The Somerville Theatre, 55 Davis Sq., Somerville (Directions below)

WHEN: Saturday, June 19th, 2010.  Three screenings:  4:45 P.M., 6:45
P.M., 8:45 P.M.

Admission is $7.

Lineup:

"Misterichard's Neighborhood"  Surreal cooking show.

"Midlife Cowboy"  A middle-aged cowboy is fed up with computers.  Comedy.

"Ersatz" (Made when D.L. was 13)  A pulp fiction writer carries around
her dead father's head.

The newly-completed "Murder, Money and a Dog" (still from the movie
attached to this email) A lumber salesman finds buried coins during the
current recession.  Meanwhile, a quirky sales manager terrorizes people
with a gun and a young, unemployed inventor pursues a sexy college girl
he's obsessed with.

"The Flyer"  A flyer on a wall comes to life.

"Great work!"
- Former "Black Flag" frontman Henry Rollins

"The kind of films that could revolutionize cinema, nonviolently or
otherwise."
- Shaula Clarke, Editor's Picks, The Boston Phoenix

Email D.L. Polonsky and Mirror Rim Productions at d.l.polonsky at hotmail.com

*55 Davis Square
Somerville, MA 02144*

We highly recommend taking *PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION*
<http://www.mbta.com/> when you visit the theater.  The subway station
is literally NEXT DOOR to the theater.  Just take the MBTA RED LINE
<http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/?route=RED> Rapid
Transit route to DAVIS.

For those of you driving, we recommend that you drive to ALEWIFE station
in nearby Cambridge, located at the intersections of Routes 2 and 16,
and park in the spacious, safe, and cheap garage located above the
station.  Then, all you have to do is catch any train just ONE STOP to
DAVIS station and you’ll be here, quick and easy!

For those of you who just love to drive in the city: AREA MAP
<http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=55+Davis+Square&city=Somerville&state=MA&zipcode=02144&country=US&cid=lfmaplink>

DAVIS SQUARE is located at the intersection of COLLEGE AVE., HIGHLAND
AVE., ELM ST. and HOLLAND ST. in West Somerville.

*From I-90/Mass Pike traveling EAST:*

Follow I-90/Mass Pike East to I-93 North
(Continue with I-93 NORTH directions below)

*From I-93 traveling NORTH:
*Take the Rt. 16 ARLINGTON exit.  Follow Rt. 16 West for about two miles
until you come to an intersection called BROADWAY (a Foodmaster
Supermarket is on the corner).  Take a LEFT onto Broadway and follow
through two sets of lights.  At the third set of lights at TEELE SQUARE,
take a RIGHT onto HOLLAND ST.  Follow Holland St. into DAVIS SQUARE.
The theater is located on the right next to the T station.

*From I-93 traveling SOUTH:
*Take the Rt. 16 REVERE exit.  At the end of the ramp, take a RIGHT.
Follow the road until you come to a rotary called POWDERHOUSE CIRCLE.
Follow signs onto COLLEGE AVE. to DAVIS SQUARE.  The theater is located
on your right next to the T station.

*From HARVARD SQUARE/MASS. AVE.:
*Travel WEST on Mass. Ave. toward Porter Square/Arlington.  Five blocks
past Porter Square, take a RIGHT onto RUSSELL ST.  At the end of Russell
St. take a LEFT onto HIGHLAND AVE.  Follow Highland Ave. into DAVIS
SQUARE.  The theater is straight ahead.

*From I-95/Rt. 128 (North or South):
*Follow I-95/Rt.128 to ROUTE 2 EAST Boston/Cambridge exit.
(Continue with ROUTE 2 East directions below)

*From ROUTE 2 traveling EAST:
*Follow Rt. 2 EAST until the lanes merge into two lanes and you come to
two sets of traffic lights.  Go through the traffic lights on the LEFT
following Rt. 16 EAST.  You will come to the MASS. AVE. intersection.
Cross Mass. Ave.  You will come to a second intersection called
BROADWAY.  Take a RIGHT onto Broadway and follow through two sets of
traffic lights.  At the third set of lights at TEELE SQUARE, take a
RIGHT onto HOLLAND ST.  Follow Holland St. into DAVIS SQUARE.  The
theater is located on your right next to the T station.

*Parking Availability*

Meters run until 8pm and may run later in city-owned parking lots.

Metered Spaces are located throughout the Davis Square area on the main
and side streets.

Meters are approximately $2.00 per hour

Metered Spaces are free after 6pm Monday – Saturday and all day Sunday.

Metered Parking Lot is located on Dover St., two blocks from the theater.

DO NOT PARK IN THE UNDERGROUND LOT BEHIND THE HARVARD VANGUARD BUILDING:
IT IS NOT PUBLIC!!!! YOUR CAR WILL GET LOCKED IN AT NIGHT!!! (Though you
can park in the ABOVE GROUND LOT)

--
/"When they come for the innocent without crossing over your body,
cursed be your religion and your life/." ~Brendan Walsh, a planner for

"/The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted
30 years of his life./" ~Muhammad Ali (also see Robert Louis Stevenson)

"/If God does exist, I don't think he's vengeful; I just think he's an
underachiever./" ~Woody Allen

pf soto
rule19.org <http://rule19.org>
UPandOUT.org <http://upandout.org>