[act-ma] Notes for a People's Atlas of Boston

David Morgan dave at groundswellcollective.com
Wed Aug 4 10:20:54 PDT 2010

[ Read this announcement on our website here: http://ow.ly/2iq65 ]

You are invited to participate in creating Notes for a People's Atlas of
Boston!

Notes for a People's Atlas is a multi-city, participatory mapping and
design project that invites participants to fill in the blank outline of
the political border of their city or region with individual and
collective local knowledge, forgotten histories, ongoing debates, and
changing definitions of urban space.  The project was initiated by AREA
Chicago, and has now traveled to Zagreb, Croatia, Syracuse, and more,
including our own Boston.

We recently held a discussion, Experimental Geography: Mapping as an
Activist Practice (details here: http://ow.ly/2aktj) where we introduced
the project, and began to distribute maps.  In the coming months, we
will be collecting completed maps for publication in a forthcoming book
about the project by AREA Chicago.  We will also be archiving the maps
for future use.

Please download, distribute, design, and deliver your own maps to us,
either digitally or in hard copy, and stay tuned for a potential
in-person gathering to create maps together.

           Get the template and submission instructions here:
http://ow.ly/2iq65

--
James David Morgan
Co-Founder