[act-ma] 10/9 12:30pm: Mock Drone Attack to Hit Boston Common

UJP: United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 08:24:23 PDT 2010

Mock Drone Attack to Hit Boston Common*Join a street theater performance on
the 9th anniversary of the Afghanistan War!
No Experience Necessary!*
*When:* Saturday, October 9, 2010, 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
*Where: *Park St Station • Tremont & Park Sts. • Boston

The UJP Afghanistan/Pakistan Task Force <http://justicewithpeace.org/> and
the Committee for Peace and Human Rights <http://stopallwars.com/> are
organizing a group to perform antiwar street theater on the anniverary
weekend of the Afghanistan War, October 9-10.

[image: Drone firing missile]We will conduct a Mock Drone Attack on the
Boston Common near Park Street Station.   We are using this
script<http://afsc.org/document/mock-drone-street-theater-guide>
 and this handout<http://afsc.org/document/mock-drone-street-theater-handout>.
  We will have the most impact if about 30 people take part!   It's easy and
fun!

Please come to Park Street Station on Saturday, October 9, at 12:30 p.m.
 Available roles include actors, leafleters, and a boom box operator.
 Please RSVP to UJP at ujpcoalition at gmail.com or 617-383-4857 or to CPHR
(617 776-6524), or contact us for info.

Today, the war in Afghanistan enters its ninth year. Yet, the US cannot win
this war no matter how long it stays. Terrorism cannot be defeated by war –
war only generates more opposition. The enormous amount of money the US is
spending in Afghanistan fuels the corruption and undermines the
accountability of the Afghan government to its people. The harder our
soldiers fight, the more Afghans resist. It’s time to withdraw US troops,
bring the war money home to our communities that need it, and support a
negotiated solution, and most Americans know it.   Why won't Washington
listen?

Join the Mock Drone Attack <http://justicewithpeace.org/node/1836> (which is
coordinated with similar Attacks in Washington and San Francisco this week).
  Call Congress <http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=4182> and tell
them to stop the war and bring all the troops home now. Keep up the street
theater.  Recite poetry for peace.  Join protests, vigils, and educational
events <http://justicewithpeace.org/upcoming-events> for peace and justice.
  Join Iraq Veterans Against the War in their campaign to prevent the
redeployment of traumatized
soldiers<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5966/action/operationrecovery>.
Go to endafghanistanwar.com for more protest ideas!

--
United for Justice with Peace
www.justicewithpeace.org

United for Justice with Peace is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through
social and economic justice.