[act-ma] 1/27 6PM Socializing for Justice Open House - make great connections

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:29:18 PST 2011

*Did you know Socializing for Justice now has over 1600 members, has hosted
over 85 events and manages an online calendar filled with 8-10 social
justice events every day at www.sojust.org?*

Our biggest event of the year, Connecting for Justice, is coming up on
January 27th and we'll be hosting Skillshares the first Monday of each month
at The NonProfit Center, "Boston's home for progressive social change,"
located in downtown Boston.

*Thursday, January 27 from 6PM-9PM*
*Connecting for Justice (Open House)*
Lir Irish Pub, on Boylston St. across from Hynes Convention Center

If you've been curious, now is the time to check out SoJust's cross-issue
progressive community by attending our open house. We're friendly, welcoming
and our members have the connections to help you find what you've been
looking for.

*We'll help you meet 120+ like-minded progressives* and get connected to
great social justice organizations in Boston. At our *Catalyst Corner* we
offer "*Ask Me About*" and "*I'm Looking For*" tags so you can more easily
make connections around what matters to you.* Looking for a job? *We'll have
a Jobs Board at the event filled with all the opportunities posted to our
website's message board<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/forum/1398521>.
*Looking to hire?* Post your job online
<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/forum/1398521>and bring a print out
for the wall.

*Hey Organizers!* Have an action that can be done within 2 minutes or 2
weeks? Bring it for our *Action Stations* - and there will be lots of
opportunity to schmooze and network. There's also a *Lit Table* that will be
overflowing with information - bring material to add to it!

This is always our biggest event of the year so don't miss it! *RSVP:*
http://www.sojust.org... <http://www.sojust.org/calendar/15722820/> and *spread
the word: *http://www.fb.me/even...<http://www.fb.me/event.php?eid=180796458603130>

*Get ready for Connecting for Justice - read my 8 Steps for Successful
Networking <http://www.robbiesamuels.com/>.*

*Monday, February 7 from 6PM-8:30PM*
* Skillshare: Overcoming Procrastination, Perfectionism, Blocks and Fears*
The NonProfit Center, downtown Boston
Presented by Hillary Rettig, author of "The Lifelong Activist: How to Change
the World
Without Losing Your Way." After the workshop, participants typically feel
energetic and empowered and eager to go home and make some of the changes
we’ve discussed. Many later report making more progress on their goals than
they have in a long time.
*RSVP: *http://www.sojust.org... <http://www.sojust.org/calendar/15899136/>

*SAVE THE DATE
Monday, March 7 from 6PM-8:30PM*
*Skillshare: Fundraising - Getting Past the Fear of Asking*
Presented by Robbie Samuels

For Justice,
Robbie

Robbie Samuels
Co-Founder & Co-Organizer Socializing for Justice
@sojust <http://www.twitter.com/sojust>|
@robbiesamuels<http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels>|
www.robbiesamuels.com

*Socializing for Justice isn't a non-profit 501(c)(3).* We're a grassroots
volunteer-run member-supported group that's been growing steadily since
August 2006. We now have over 1600 members, we've hosted over 85 events and
we manage an online hub of progressive events and resources at
www.sojust.org. If you've benefited from this cross-issue progressive
network please contribute the suggested annual membership fee of $25. You
may do this online <http://www.sojust.org/dues/> or at any of our events.
Thank you for helping us continue to provide a space for like-minded
progressives of all stripes.
*_____________________*
  @robbiesamuels <http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels> |
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/robbiesamuels> |
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/robbiesamuels> |
tungle.me<http://tungle.me/robbiesamuels> [my
availability]
      Social Networking & Fundraising Tips at
robbiesamuels.com<http://www.robbiesamuels.com/>
                           "Like" <http://facebook.com/ArtoftheSchmooze> Art
of the Schmooze

             socializingforjustice.org<http://www.socializingforjustice.org/>
 | @sojust <http://www.twitter.com/sojust> | Facebook
Group<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8770189934>
*                    1/27 Connecting for Justice *- Back Bay
*       2/7 Skillshare: Overcoming Procrastination* - Downtown