[act-ma] [UJP] Fund Our Communities, Not War! Statewide Week of Action April 12-18

United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 04:15:51 PDT 2011

UJP: Fund Our Communities, Not War! Statewide Week of Action April 12-18

FUND OUR COMMUNITIES, NOT WAR! STATEWIDE WEEK OF ACTION APRIL 12-18

The Eastern Massachusetts Campaign to Fund Our Communities - Cut Military
Spending 25% is joining with American Friends Service Committee to stage a
Massachusetts-wide week of action April 12-18.   We will be using the week to
make our campaign visible.

There IS money for our communities.  The Pentagon has it!  We want it back!
Cut Military Spending, Not Us! Fund Our Communities - Not War!

ORGANIZING: April 12-18 is a great opportunity to start or strengthen a local
25% group for this crucial ongoing campaign!  It only takes two or three people
in a community to get started.

Set up a table in front of your post office or in other places people congregate
in your city or town. Table on Tax Day (April 18)  or on Saturday, April 16 -
or any time between April 12-18!  Distribute flyers, petition, engage with
community members.   Contact us to connect with other tabling plans.

Have conversations as you table or stand out.  See who might be interested in
joining you locally.

A sign up sheet, or the 25% petition can be helpful (download from Activist
Toolkit).  If you are initiating a 25% resolution campaign, you can petition
with the resolution.

VISIBILITY: Stand Out in your town center or regular vigil location.

Materials:  Watch this page for updates.

Buttons:  We are producing buttons with two designs.   Contact us to let us
know how many you need.
Brochures: We have reprinted the 25% Solution color trifold with some updates.
These are available now for distribution.
Flyers: We are generating a flyer, stay tuned to see it.
Leaflet:  A great leaflet from
USLAW http://uslaboragainstwar.org/downloads/MoveTheMoney.pdf
Fold Out: AFSC One Minute for Peace foldout

April 12 is the Global Day of Action on Military Spending.   The GDAMS site
explains how to make eye-catching visuals to use at your table or event and
provides an Organizer's Packet.   The GDAMS will also release new incredible
data on April 12 about the world's colossal waste of resources on the military.

The Boston 25% Coalition used a bar chart made out of cloth banners at their
event March 22.

Publicity:

 We have written a sample op-ed.   Tailor it to your purposes and submit it
to your community newspaper.

Here are facts, figures and images you may also want to use.

Calendar: List your event so others can join you.  Mail your event
to 25percentsolution at gmail.com [1] and we'll post it!

		 [2]

United for Justice with Peace [3] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [4]

ujpcoalition at gmail.com [5]

            617-383-4UJP (NEW!)

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [6]

Upcoming Events:

		A National Teach-in On Austerity, Debt, Corporate Greed... and what YOU can DO
about it! [7]

		Tue Apr 5

		2:00pm

		New York City with live Webcast & Local Teach-ins all over the c

		Many Locations

		Jobs with Justice Annual Dinner 2011 [8]

		Wed Apr 6

		6:00pm

		Suffolk Downs

		East Boston

		Are Unions Good for Public Schools and the Community? Finding Solutions
Collectively to the Current Crisis [9]

		Thu Apr 7

		7:00pm

		Temple Kehillath Israel

		Brookline

		March and Rally: Bring the Troops Home Now! [10]

		Sat Apr 9

		12:00pm

		Union Square

		New York, NY

		Cindy Sheehan: Dawn of a New Revolt [11]

		Mon Apr 11

		7:00pm

		First Parish Church

		Cambridge

		Fund Our Communites, Not War! [12]

		Tue Apr 12

		9:00am

		Massachusetts

		Noam Chomsky and Beena Sarwar: Days of Hope and Challenge [13]

		Thu Apr 14

		7:00pm

		Boston University Law Auditorium

		Boston

		Raytheon, Missile Offense & Endless War: 19th Annual Space Organizing
Conference [14]

		Fri Jun 17

		5:00pm

		Merrimack College

		North Andover

More Peace and Justice Events [15].    How to Submit Events [16]

[1] 25percentsolution at gmail.com
[2] http://justicewithpeace.org
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org
[4] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate