[act-ma] SoJust is 5! Celebrate with us on 9/14

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 14:00:44 PDT 2011

Hey fellow organizers & activists!

We are less than 6 weeks to Socializing for Justice's 5th birthday party on
Wednesday, September 14th at 6PM! That's right, it's been FIVE years since
our first event! Join us to *celebrate 1800 members, 100+ events and
countless connections* made since 2006! Our birthday parties are always our
biggest events. *Haven't been to a Socializing for Justice event?* It’s time
to meet 120+ friendly SoJusters!* Cost:* $5-$10 collected at the door. ($10
includes a raffle ticket) **** [We will also be collecting donations
for Aliza's
Brain Trust <http://www.alizabraintrust.org/> - see the bottom of the event
page for info about Aliza Shapiro, a SoJuster who suffered a stroke due to
brain hemorrhage.]* Get all the birthday party details and RSVP *at
http://www.sojust.org/events/28047381/.

Need to brush up your networking skills before SoJust's birthday
party?Attend my
*fast-paced, fun & interactive Skillshare on the Art of the Schmooze on
September 7, 6:00 - 8:30 PM.* *Max 40 attendees so RSVP now: *
http://www.sojust.org/events/22614921/

And summer's not over yet! We're squeezing in one more outdoor event - with
the rescheduled *Recess for Justice on Saturday, August 20th at 11am*. Bring
your favorite outdoor game or check out the assortment of fun we'll have on
hand: Frisbees, kickball & chalk (for 4-square!), basketball... *RSVP for
Recess: *http://www.sojust.org/events/28411161/

Before I sign off, I wanted to remind you that SoJust has a great Message
Board at http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/. Below are some of the
latest posts - sign in to add yours!
*
Jobs*
Boston Community Organizer at Stand for Children
<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/14498051>
Communications Director at
RESIST<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/14427611>

*Resources*
Guide to ADA Compliance for
Non-Profits<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/13154401>
Join NPO Connect for Non-Profit Career
Mentoring<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/14421221>

*Grant & Funding Opportunities*
Open RFP for urban agriculture projects on plots in
Dorchester<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/14197791>
Humana Communities Benefits Program - $100,000 grant opp for
nonprofits<http://www.sojust.org/messages/boards/thread/11279761>

For Justice,
Robbie

Robbie Samuels
Socializing for Justice Co-Founder & Co-Organizer
*_____________________*
  @robbiesamuels <http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels> |
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/robbiesamuels> |
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/robbiesamuels> |