[act-ma] US Rep. Mckinney Joins US Senator Gravel to Launch Citizens' 9/11 Commission Sept 13th in Massachusetts

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Thu Sep 8 11:06:22 PDT 2011

I'm extremely proud to announce that Mass. Attorney General Martha Coakley certified our proposed 2012 Ballot question yesterday, for a law to create a Citizens' 9/11 Investigation Commission. Please join us for the campaign kick-off tomorrow [see below] and donate $10 or more if you can. thanks, rm

                        "Congress will never mount a real 9/11 investigation--I've

                        tried that. Only the citizens themselves can get a real investigation that will lead to prosecutions. The best path remaining is that which Senator Gravel has spent his life working on: the citizens' initiative process."

                        --Cynthia McKinney, six-term U.S. Congressperson (D-Georgia)

                        Dear supporters and fellow citizens:

                        As you may have heard, our activist organization, led by former U.S. Senator Mike Gravel, is dedicated to creating a powerful, new, and independent 9/11 investigation using the vehicle of state ballot initiatives. (Learn the basic facts about our approach here.) And now, we are happy to  announce our first state campaign!

                        Initiative Launch in Massachusetts: September 13

                        Senator Gravel--a native of Massachusetts--will kick off that state's ballot initiative campaign on Tuesday, September 13 at 11am with a press conference and speech in Boston at the State House steps on Beacon Hill. Late breaking news: The Senator will be accompanied at the kick-off by Representative Cynthia McKinney. This historic event will be followed by a 12-day speaking and fundraising tour across the state that will include Springfield, Northampton, Worcester, and other cities and towns.
                                Senator Gravel will be supported by a coalition of Massachusetts 9/11 truth groups and other concerned local citizens whose slogan is "9/11: Never Forget!" The statewide coalition is led by Rich McCampbell, a Cambridge-based biotech engineer, and Rich Aucoin, former Libertarian candidate for lieutenant governor who has worked in senior positions in three previous initiative campaigns. (See the complete announcement here. The ballot initiative text is here.)

                                 "Launching an unprecedented effort like this takes courage and requires significant funding," says Gravel. "To qualify, we need to gather 82,000 valid signatures across the state. One always uses volunteers, but long experience proves that professional signature-gatherers are

                        also essential to meeting state deadlines. That work alone will cost us up to $200,000 in Massachusetts. Bear in mind that our goal is to get the initiative enacted in at least one state so that other states and localities can support the new investigation via the "joint powers agreement" provision of our initiative legislation.
                                 "The deadline for petition signatures in Massachusetts is November 23," added Gravel. "If we cannot get a strong cash flow starting now and into November, the Citizens 9/11 Commission Campaign will be a good idea that never got off the ground in one of the best states in which to do this work. The challenge is up to you, fellow citizens; we are doing the best we can with very limited resources." Please see our special fundraising gift-offer below.

                                      "The best route to justice for the crimes of 9/11 must be, in our time, through

                                      the vehicle of state initiatives." --Former U.S. Representative Dan Hamburg (D-Ukiah)

                        Other Critical Updates about the Campaign

                        · The Status of Oregon

                        Our next state is likely to be Oregon, which has rules for ballot initiatives that are quite favorable. Unlike Massachusetts, which has a 90-day deadline, Oregon gives petitioners until July of 2012!
                               "The members of Portland 911 Truth Alliance are excited about working with Mike Gravel on a initiative in Oregon for a 9/11 investigation," said Tim Titrud, a leader of the Portland group.
                                Senator Gravel is finalizing the initiative legislation for Oregon and plans to file it soon. Several other states are also being considered, including Colorado, Alaska, and North and South Dakota.

                        · Becoming an "Affiliate" with our Campaign
                        We are seeking organizational Affiliates! Does your group want to provide support for the intrepid 9/11 truth groups in Massachusetts and Oregon who are working on initiatives? Then become an Affiliate and get proudly listed at our site, after which you will receive our guidance and printed materials. A key activity of Affiliates is to pass resolutions of support by the elected officials in your town, city, county, or even state. Another is to raise funds, for example, by bringing Senator Gravel to speak in your city. To become an Affiliate, send a note to: campaign at 9-11commissioncampaign.org.
                        Those who join now can receive a box of 100 postcards promoting the Campaign.

                        · How to become a Sponsor

                        Our other organizational category of support are Sponsors, donors of $250 or more. (See the list of logos of Sponsors on our home page, right side middle.) We'd love to see more Sponsors to assist in our trailblazing, historic, uphill battle for 9/11 truth.

                        · What would the new 9/11 Commission do? How would it work? How is it chosen?
                        Many of you have requested information about the process of the creation of a new 9/11 commission, and how it would operate. In answer to your inquiries, please see this new FAQ.

                        · "How are you spending our donations?"

                        Citizens 9/11 Commission Campaign is now providing financial information about our sources and uses of funds. As you will note when you see our reports, we need your financial help.

                        Support Us and Get a Definitive New 9/11 Book

                        Numerous researchers have written brilliantly about the key facets of 9/11. But Dr. Paul Rea's impressively researched volume, ten years in the making, massively footnoted, and over 500 pages long, is a "magnum opus" of the movement. Just printed, this work is entitled Mounting Evidence: Why We Need a New Investigation of 9/11. Rea's book is the first comprehensive treatment of the entire matter, and concludes with a passionate call for a new investigation. Paul has generously donated advance copies toward our new fundraising effort. Those donating at the "Campaigner" level ($100 or more) will receive a gift copy of the new book, along with other gifts. But please act now! This special offer expires on the Tenth Anniversary of 9/11!

                        "Those of us who've seen the threads break loose bear
                        a responsibility to help unravel the whole tangle of deceit. Restorative truth is out there: a truly independent inquiry
                        will bring it to light."  --Dr. Paul Rea

                                                         Some Final Thoughts

                         We at the Citizens' 9/11 Commission Campaign believe that we have found a solution to the gridlock and corruption that pervade our federal  system: direct democracy and the state initiative process. Campaigning for initiatives gives us all a chance to mature politically by giving us an actionable vehicle in which to exercise our rights as citizens. It provides an outlet for passionate activism that is structured and reliable, one that leads to a legal process that has teeth and that gets concrete results in the real, political world. And this solution has the potential to both heal and unify the 9/11 truth  movement, redeeming our ten years of effort and sacrifice on the path of truth and justice.

                        Best regards to all,

                        Senator Mike Gravel, and the team at 9-11cc.org

      Forward email

            This email was sent to rich.mccampbell at crbusa.com by campaign at 9-11commissioncampaign.org |

            Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeT | Privacy Policy.

      Citizens 9/11 Commission Campaign | PO Box 62088 | Cincinnati | OH | 45362