[act-ma] DEFEND DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS! - Militant Labor Forum, Saturday, January 28

Boston Militant Labor Forum bostonmlf at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 06:18:53 PST 2012

The Militant Labor Forum Presents

DEFEND DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS!
¡Defienda las derechas democráticas!

    The capitalist class and their government are
targeting working people’s democratic rights as they attack our unions, wages,
and working conditions to make us pay for their economic crisis.
    In Longview, WA, hundreds of International Longshore and Warehouse
Union members have faced charges for protesting union busting by EGT
Development.  Federal and local
officials are mobilizing cops, Coast Guard ships and helicopters, and other
government agencies to escort a scab ship into the port later this month.
    The draft $662 billion US war budget contains
provisions that would give the Pentagon the power to hold in indefinite
detention all “terrorism” suspects, including US citizens. In Boston, Tarek
Mehana was convicted on terrorism charges not for anything he did, but for what
he wrote and views he expressed on the Internet.  Massachusetts lawmakers are pushing for a “three strikes” bill
aimed at increasing prison time for workers behind bars.
    Democratic rights are protections against the
capitalist state, at all levels, that working people have wrested from the
propertied classes.Join a discussion on how we need to defend our democratic rights today.
Saturday,
January 28 / Sabado, 28 de enero,7:30 PM
Militant Labor Forum Hall /Local del Foro Militante
13 Bennington Street, 2nd floor, East Boston, MA 02128
617-569-9169 or email: bostonmlf at yahoo.com
Suggested Donation: $5 • Traducción al español
     Visit themilitant.com and pathfinderpress.com for news, analysis, books and pamphlets.
By train, take the blue line to Maverick Station and walk down Meridian about 5 blocks to Bennington, by Liberty Plaza.