[act-ma] [UJP Activist] Keep Hate Out of Our State! Say NO to S.2061!

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Mon Feb 27 13:16:40 PST 2012

UJP Activist: Keep Hate Out of Our State! Say NO to S.2061!

KEEP HATE OUT OF OUR STATE! SAY NO TO S.2061!

S.2061 is a bill currently under review in the Massachusetts State House that
seeks to criminalize immigrants in our state and deny essential services to
hardworking, taxpaying families. The bill's lead sponsor, Sen. Richard Moore,
calls the bill an "Act to Enhance Community Safety." This title hides the truth
of the devastating impact S.2061 will have on our communities.

The bill will:

Undermine community safety and legalize racial profiling

Criminalize workers' and their families

Ban families from accessing public housing

Deny equal access to higher education

Massachusetts is not Arizona or Alabama.  We cannot let this anti-immigrant,
anti-worker bill pass.

WILL YOU HELP KEEP HATE OUT OF OUR STATE? HERE'S HOW TO TAKE ACTION:

Call Your Elected Officials

Monday, February 27th

All day, everywhere!

We need to let our elected officials know that this bill is bad for our
communities. Click here to get all the info! [1]

Rally Against S.2061

Tuesday, February 28th

11AM, in front of the Massachusetts Statehouse

Join us and many others as we speak out against this anti-immigrant bill. More
details here. [2]

		 [3]

United for Justice with Peace [4] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

             [5]

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [6]

info at justicewithpeace.org [7]

            		617-383-4857

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [8]

Upcoming Events:

		Remember Fukushima: Walk for a New Spring [9]

		Fri Mar 2

		9:00am

		Seabrook, NH to Plymouth, MA to Vernon, VT

		Seabrook, NH to Plymouth, MA to Vernon, VT

		Occupy AIPAC! [10]

		Fri Mar 2

		9:00am

		Washington, DC

		Walk for a Nuclear Free & Sustainable World [11]

		Mon Mar 5

		2:30pm

		Veterans Memorial Bridge

		Salem

		Remember Fukushima! [12]

		Tue Mar 6

		6:00pm

		Cambridge Friends Meeting Center

		Cambridge

		Scarred Lands and Wounded Lives [13]

		Tue Mar 6

		7:00pm

		St. James Conf. Rm., Corner Bridge & Flint Sts

		Salem

		Fund Our Communities, Not War [14]

		Sun Mar 11

		2:30pm

		St. Paul's Episcopal Church

		Newton Highlands

		Challenging the Pivot: The U.S., China, & Alternatives to Asia-Pacific
Militarization [15]

		Tue Mar 13

		7:30pm

		Episcopal Divinity School, Washburn Auditorium

		Cambridge

		Massachusetts Jobs with Justice 20th Anniversary Dinner [16]

		Thu Mar 15

		6:00pm

		Suffolk Downs

		East Boston

More Peace and Justice Events [17].    How to Submit Events [18]

[1]
http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=GgkDDbQHDREcZXbtFxAzkCIfs09E3w6j
[2]
http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ESCTmXKTZx2rfqTqtUjICCIfs09E3w6j