[act-ma] 3/31 Non-Violent Communication Training: Alchemy of Relationships

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 19:36:40 PST 2012

I just signed up for this NVC Boston class (details below) and I encourage
you to join me. I think it would be really helpful and supportive if
activists and organizers had common language for how to discuss conflict in
our relationships and friendships.

Not familiar with Non-Violent Communication? Check out this Introductory
video: http://youtu.be/a3zSNxE37OM.

Please let me know if you're considering attending - register by March 24
to save $15!

Hugs,
Robbie

Alchemy of Relationship Workshop
Saturday, March 31 - 9:30am-4:30pm
Friend’s Meeting House, 5 Longfellow Park, Cambridge, MA

Register: http://www.nvcboston.org/classes?ee=38 ($80 includes $15 discount
if you register at least 7 days prior to the class)

Would you like more understanding and closeness in your relationships? In
this workshop you will learn how to strengthen your capacity to hear the
other's point of view, while still expressing your needs in a way that
creates connection rather than conflict. Through games, exercises and
guided role-play, learn how to create more understanding and trust with
partners, family, co-workers, and friends. Cambridge, MA at the Friend's
Meeting House. Early Registration discount ends on March 24.

*“One of the most important aspects of relationships that thrive is the
ability to successfully communicate and resolve conflicts. Skills to
achieve this are learnable by all...learning these skills, however,
requires dedication and willingness to shift fundamental ways of relating
to self and others.” -- Being Genuine, Thomas D’ansembourg*

   - Mend old hurts.  Clear up confusion. Renew hope.
   - Express gratitude and appreciation effectively.

**Through games, exercises and guided role-plays, learn how to create more
understanding and trust with partners, family, co-workers, and friends. We
will be working with four key relationship skills:

   - Reflecting understanding
   - The art of empathy
   - Honest self-expression
   - Making clear requests