[act-ma] A View from the Arab Future

David Fillingham dfillingham at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 12 08:13:48 PDT 2012

Everyone is welcome,

A View from the Arab Future:
New Generation
Perspectives
On Governance and Development
In The Middle East and North Africa

Panel Discussion, Open Forum followed by Refreshments

Friday, March 16, 2012 at 7:00 pm
First Parish in Cambridge Unitarian Universalist
 3 Church Street,  Harvard Square

Rania Ibrahim,   Ameer Elnager,  and  Saoussane Rifai,  young professionals from Egypt, Sudan and Morocco and graduate students at the Heller School, Brandeis University, talk about the aspirations and concerns of younger generations and political and social development in their countries.

 Rania Ibrahim worked as a researcher for One World Foundation and the Andalus Institute for Tolerance and Non-Violence Studies in Egypt before returning to graduate studies.

Ameer Elnager served as Director of the Sudanese Association for Youth Development, which he helped to found in order to engage youth in social justice and peace building efforts.  He has also worked with internally displaced persons in Sudan, and with an institute on gender, diversity, peace and rights.

Saoussane Rifai is the founder of Rifai Technologies, a consulting company specializing in project management. Her experience includes project and program assessment, risk management, project cycle management , and change management.  A Fulbright alumna, Ms. Rifai is also a founding member and advisor of the Moroccan Association for Mentoring,  a non profit organization promoting women’s leadership and professional development in Morocco.

Open to the Public and Free of Charge
Sponsored by the Middle East Education Group, First Parish Cambridge
For more info Email to MEEG at firstparishcambridge.org

--
Shalom,
 David    Fillingham  mailto:dfillingham at pobox.com

That simple light may come from complicated Darkness.

It is the artists of the world, the feelers and thinkers who will ultimately save us; who can articulate, educate, insist, sing, and shout the big dreams. Leonard Bernstein

You are me, and I am you.
Isn't it obvious that we "inter-are"?
You cultivate the flower in yourself,
so that I will be beautiful.
I transform the garbage in myself,
so that you will not have to suffer.

I support you;
you support me.
I am in this world to offer you peace;
you are in this world to bring me joy

1989. Written during a retreat for psychotherapists held in Colorado
if by chance we meet, that's wonderful.  If not, it couldn't be helped."

~Thich Nhat Hanh