[act-ma] "The Welcome" documentary, This Thur, Sept 6

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Wed Sep 5 13:45:04 PDT 2012

[you’ll still have time to catch the Obama acceptance speech afterwards, if you want -- AH]

The Monthly Peace & Justice
Film Series

Thursday, September 6, 2012

6:30 to 9:00 PM

6:45 PM movie begins
Central Square Library, 45 Pearl St., Cambridge

"THE WELCOME"

Most of us want to welcome veterans home, but do we know how?  This documentary offers a fiercely intimate view of life after war: the fear, anger and isolation of post-traumatic stress that affects vets and family members alike.  As we join these vets in a room for a healing retreat our perceptions are changed and at the end when this poetry is shared with a large civilian audience, we begin to understand what it is to welcome veterans back home. Their examples of unflinching honesty, courage and love lift us up, inspiring all of us once again to feel our common humanity.

Be advised that the film contains strong language and graphic descriptions of combat.

parking nearby

Sponsored by
Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
&
Cambridge Peace Commission
&
Massachusetts Peace Action