[act-ma] Now & Sept 10: Hummus Referendum: We Need Your Help! [Boston/Cambridge]

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Thu Sep 6 14:30:55 PDT 2012

need also to address their olive oil

Hummus Referendum: We Need Your Help!
Demand that the Harvest Co-op let its members vote on whether to
de-shelve Sabra and Tribe hummus!

Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser
<http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=55af625f03aad4af09dc3bb39&id=7e08470843&e=09ba999700>.

Dear Friends,

*You signed our petition. Now we need your help! *

We are demanding that the Harvest Co-op let its members vote on whether
to de-shelve Sabra and Tribe hummus. Both brands are owned by
corporations that fund human rights violations in Israel/Palestine.

As many of you know, we approached the Harvest Co-op board more than a
year ago and asked them to hold a referendum to de-shelve Sabra and
Tribe hummus. The board refused, instead requiring us to collect
signatures from 10% of their active members in support of the referendum.

A few weeks ago we turned 510 member signatures in support of the
referendum, as well as over 500 more signatures from frequent shoppers,
to the Harvest board. But the board refused to grant us a referendum.
They say that we fell short of the number of required member signatures,
claiming that 136 of member signatures we submitted were from members
deemed "inactive" by the board.

*But we will not take no for an answer!* We have clearly demonstrated
that there is more than enough community support to have a simple vote
on whether to boycott Sabra and Tribe. Help us show the board that their
membership demands the democratic right to decide and that we are not
going away!

        URGENT TASKS FOR YOU:

1. Come to the Harvest Co-op Board Meeting on Monday, September 10 at
6:30 pm at *1035 Cambridge St, Suite 16c Cambridge MA 02141*. We need a
massive presence at this meeting to show that the community supports the
vote!

*2. *Send an email demanding a vote.

Email Chris Durkin, Harvest Co-op Director of Membership and Community
Relations, at cdurkin at harvest.coop

AND Christina Lively, President of the Harvest Co-op Board, at
clively at harvest.coop

Tell them you care about human rights and you want member voices heard!

*Thanks so much for your support! We need you!*

In Solidarity,
The Boston Hummus Campaign

follow on Twitter <Twitter%20Account%20not%20yet%20Authorized> | friend
on Facebook <#> | forward to a friend
<http://us5.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=55af625f03aad4af09dc3bb39&id=7e08470843&e=09ba999700>

/Copyright © 2012 Boston Hummus Campaign, All rights reserved./
You signed our petition to de-shelve Sabra and Tribe hummus from the
Harvest Coop.
*Our mailing address is:*
Boston Hummus Campaign
----