[act-ma] [UJP Activist] TONIGHT: What Unnecessary Military Spending is Costing our Communities

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Sun Sep 30 12:15:36 PDT 2012

UJP Activist: TONIGHT: What Unnecessary Military Spending is Costing our
Communities P, BODY {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica;} H1, H2, H3, H4
{text-align: center;} H3 {font-size: 15px;} H1 {font-size: 17px;}
======== TONIGHT: WHAT UNNECESSARY MILITARY SPENDING IS COSTING OUR
         COMMUNITIES =========================================================

*When:* Sunday, September 30, 2012, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
*Where: *First Unitarian Society in Newton - Sanctuary • 1326 Washington
St • West Newton

-------- FALL FORUM SERIES ON CUTTING THE MILITARY BUDGET --------------------

/*First of 3 Presentations*/

Speakers:

*Chris Hellman,* Research Analyst, National Priorities Project

*Mike Prokosch*, National Coordinator, New Priorities Network

The Forums are open to the public at no charge.  Parking is available across
the street and on side streets, except against the bank rear wall.

Contact:  Nancy Wrenn, ncwrenn at aol.com [1]

Sponsors: Fund Our Communities Not War - a program of the First Unitarian
Society in Newton; and Massachusetts Peace Action

.... Save the Dates:

October 21, 7pm: *The Deadly Connection: Endless War and the Ecological/
Economic Crisis*. Bruce Gagnon, Coordinator of the Global Network against
Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space

November 18, 7pm: *Bombs versus Budgets: The High Price of Nuclear Weapons*.
William Hartung, Director, Arms & Security Project, Ctr for International
Policy

United for Justice with Peace [2] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[3]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [4]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [5] Upcoming Events:  What Unnecessary
Military Spending is Costing our Communities [6] Sun Sep 30 7:00pm First
Unitarian Society in Newton - Sanctuary West Newton Voting Rights In Danger
[7] Tue Oct 2 7:00pm St. James Conference Rm. Salem Uranio 238: The
Pentagon's Dirty Pool (film) [8] Thu Oct 4 6:45pm Central Square Library
Cambridge How to End the War in Afghanistan [9] Thu Oct 4 7:00pm Suffolk
University Law School - First Floor Function Room Boston Boston Palestine
Film Festival [10] Fri Oct 5 7:00pm Museum of Fine Arts Boston Hands Off
Syria and Iran [11] Sat Oct 6 1:30pm Boston Common near Park Street T Station
Boston Expose AIPAC: People's Forum [12] Sat Oct 13 3:45pm Palestine Cultural
Center for Peace Allston Expose AIPAC: Day of Action [13] Sun Oct 14 12:00pm
Seafront District Boston
/More Peace and Justice Events [14].    How to Submit Events [15]/

[1] mailto:ncwrenn at aol.com
[2] http://justicewithpeace.org
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate
[4] mailto:info at justicewithpeace.org