[act-ma] "It's A Girl" Documentary

Jessica Restucci jrestucci at maternalearth.org
Sat Oct 13 07:16:15 PDT 2012

Only 5 days left to buy tickets! Help make sure this event happens!

Did you know that more girls are killed in India and China then are born in the U.S. every year? The three deadliest words in parts of the world today are “it’s a girl.” In India, China and many other parts of the world, girls are killed, aborted and abandoned simply because they are female. Girls that survive infancy are still often subject to neglect, and may grow up to face extreme violence in their marriage.

Maternal Earth is proud to present a screening of the documentary "It's A Girl" a film about the ongoing gendercide in India and China, as well as showing us what we can do to stop it. This screening will be held on October 25th, at the AMC in Danvers at the Liberty Tree Mall. Tickets must be purchased by October 18th.

I thought that this might be something that you would be interested in seeing. Below is more information on the show including how to purchase tickets, and watch the trailer. Please feel free to forward this information to your friends and family. Please let me know if you have any questions.

To Buy Tickets and watch the trailer:
http://www.tugg.com/events/1683#.UFoqDKTLzqR

Thank you,
Jess Restucci
Executive Director
Maternal Earth

Press Release:
Maternal Earth to host screening of “It’s a Girl”

New Documentary Film Reveals Gendercide in India and China

As many as 200 Million Girls have gone “missing” because of gendercide.

Salem, MA 9/20/2012 – The three deadliest words in parts of the world today are “it’s a girl.” The United Nations estimates that there are as many as 200 million girls missing. In India, China and many other parts of the world, girls are killed, aborted and abandoned simply because they are female. Girls that survive infancy are still often subject to neglect, and may grow up to face extreme violence in their marriage.

As part of the effort to help bring attention to this war against girls worldwide, Maternal Earth is hosting a special screening of It’s a Girl as part of the film’s international screening tour on October 25, 2012 at 7:30 at AMC at the Liberty Tree Mall in Danvers, MA. A powerful and thought-provoking documentary film, It’s a Girl reveals this issue of “gendercide” by exploring the stories of the victims, families, global experts and grassroots activists. Shot on location in India and China, It's a Girl asks why this is happening and why so little is being done to save girls and women.

“It is our hope that by educating audiences worldwide about gendercide, we can help end this war against girls. We believe that the stories of It’s a Girl will capture hearts around the world and will compel us all to rise up and fuel a movement to end gender-based violence and killings, as well as resoundingly affirm the worth and dignity of girls and women in India, China and the rest of the world." said Evan Grae Davis, director of It’s a Girl.

Maternal Earth’s screening of the film is part of the international screening tour, the goal of which is to raise awareness for gendercide worldwide and provide audiences with actionable steps to end it. It’s a Girl has partnered with Women's Rights Without Frontiers, Women’s Rights in China, the 50 Million Missing Campaign and the Invisible Girl Project to put an end to gendercide.

To get your tickets visit maternalearth.org. Tickets must be purchased before October 18th.

For more information about It’s a Girl, please visit www.itsagirlmovie.com. For more information about the screening, please contact Jess Restucci at jrestucci at maternalearth.org.

Jessica Restucci
Executive Director
@maternalearth