[act-ma] Gaza protest Boston Copley Square Tuesday 7 pm, Make calls see talking points. Political cartoon

Marilyn Levin marilynl at alumni.neu.edu
Mon Nov 19 14:23:50 PST 2012

e-mail from Students for Justice in Palestine at Northeastern U:

Hi everyone!

I have just created an event on Facebook for a Boston-wide demonstration
this Tuesday at 7pm in Copley Square. For those of you that would like to
invite people through means other than Facebook (link to event below) or if
you don't use Facebook here is the event description:

As the days progress and deaths escalate, our need to continue
demonstrations against Israel's actions is ESSENTIAL. Israel's assault on
Gaza will not be tolerated, and as such we once again CALL ON EVERYONE to
take a stand against these ongoing massacres!

This rally is being organized in advance so that we can ensure that WE ALL
stand together and stand strong in solidarity with Gaza. Each and every one
of you need to invite everyone you know to this event, so that this action
can be as EFFECTIVE as possible.

Bring flags, posters, flyers, friends, and your VOICES! Demonstrations are
taking place around the world so it is up to us to maintain that presence
here in Boston and the US in general - especially since we are in a country
that has officially expressed its FULL support towards Israel's military
actions. WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS.

Informational flyers will be posted so that you can print and bring them to
distribute to the general public during the march.

Side note: This demonstration in no way means there will not be any rallies
today or on Monday, this demonstration is being planned ahead of time so
that we have the BEST possible chance of reaching the largest number of
people. Please keep your eyes and ears open for information about sooner
demonstrations.

LETS SHOW BOSTON WHAT WE THINK ABOUT ISRAEL'S ACTIONS! THIS IS OUR PRIORITY!

Invite EVERYONE - on Facebook, Twitter, by email, etc.

Follow and tag us on twitter: @NortheasternSJP

FREE PALESTINE!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/116427225184555/

Please forward and post on websites.

PLEASE MAKE CALLS ASAP TO DEMAND THE US END ITS AID AND SUPPORT TO ISRAELI
MASSACRES IN GAZA AND END THE SIEGE!

Sample script:

"I am a resident of [city, state] and I'm calling to demand that the US
immediately end its aid to Israel, and that the White House/State Department
send a clear message to Israel that its current aggression against Gaza must
end now.

"I am also demanding that the US stop its political and diplomatic support
for Israel's current war and its years-long siege of Gaza, which has
resulted in epidemic levels of malnutrition and stunting among Gaza's
children. That same siege had already left Gaza's hospitals with recurrent
power outages and dire medicine shortages; the current aggression has left
those hospitals catastrophically overburdened, and the expected Israeli
ground invasion will mean thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, of injured
with no medical care at all.

"A ground invasion will also mean thousands of Palestinians killed -- and
the whole world knows that it is the US that has paid for and manufactured
the overwhelming bulk of the weapons that will be used in such killings.

"Meanwhile Israel's ambassador to the US is bragging that President Obama
gave him and Netanyahu assurances that they could do whatever they want in
Gaza.

"At a time when victims of the ongoing economic crisis -- and especially
victims of Hurricane Sandy -- are being denied urgently needed aid, the US
has no business continuing its support of Israel.

"Please end all aid and support for Israel now!"

White House

Phone: 202-456-1111

Fax:(202) 456-2461

Web contact: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments