[act-ma] Tues. 11/27: Public Transit Public Good report release (mark your calendar, join us!)

Joel Wool joelwool at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 08:08:30 PST 2012

Dear Friends,****

** **

2013 promises to be a decisive year for transit funding. Thanks to the
leadership of riders, advocates, our legislature and the administration,
transit has come to the forefront of next year’s session.****

** **

Public Transit-Public Good, a campaign of the Green Justice Coalition, is a
statewide partnership that has brought together hundreds of riders and
workers to push for a more equitable, sustainable and well-funded transit
system in our Commonwealth.  We believe an investment in public transit –
and the infrastructure that supports it – will grow our state economy and
slash greenhouse gas emissions while increasing access to work,
educational, civic and social opportunities across region, class and race.**
**

** **

We are excited to put forth our ideas for solutions to the transit puzzle
in our new report, "Route to Our Future: Transit Solutions for Equity,
Sustainability, and Economic Growth in the Commonwealth”. Please join
us *November
27th at 10AM* for a first look at the report.****

** **

*WHAT: *Policy Briefing and Report Release**

*WHEN: TUESDAY, NOV 27th AT 10AM*

*WHO:* Public Transit-Public Good Campaign; transit riders, workers and
community leaders from across the state.****

*WHERE:*  MA State House, Room 437****

** **
PDF of 11/27 Report Release Invitation: http://bit.ly/SNKqRU
PDF of 11/29 MassDOT Hearing: http://bit.ly/URd595

** **

We would be honored by your attendance and look forward to working together
towards a more expansive, accessible and effective transit system across
our Commonwealth. Please RSVP to: diana at massclu.org or 617-723-2639.

** **

*The Green Justice Coalition**|**Public Transit–Public Good Campaign*

Alternatives for Community and Environment/T Riders Union • Bus Riders
United of Southeastern Massachusetts (*Amalgamated Transit Union Locals 174
& 1037,** **Community Economic Development Corporation of Southeastern MA**
, **Coalition Against Poverty/Coalition for Social Justice**, **Greater
Southeastern Massachusetts Labor Council**, **Massachusetts Senior Action
Council**, **University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Labor Center*) • Carmen’s
Union–ATU Local 589 • Community Labor United • Greater Four Corners Action
Coalition •Massachusetts Communities Action Network • Massachusetts Senior
Action Council • On the Move • United for Transit Equity–Pioneer
Valley (*Alliance
to Develop Power, Amalgamated Transit Union Local 448, Massachusetts Senior
Action Council**, **Student Labor Action Project**, **Western Massachusetts
Jobs with Justice*), ATU Local 1547, ATU Local 22 • Greater Boston Labor
Council

http//www.facebook.com/GreenJusticeCoalition

--
Joel Wool