[act-ma] 2/4 SoJust Skillshare: Time Management - Register Now

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 19:51:52 PST 2013

Was one of your resolutions to be more productive? More organized? Find
balance between work and everything else that matters to you?*Join
Socializing for Justice for a Skillshare on Value-Based Time Management on
February 4, 6:00 - 8:30 PM.*

*Register at www.sojust.org - Newcomers always welcomed!*
*Fee: $10-$20 (sliding scale) is split with the trainer.
Limited space - register ahead of time.
Credit cards accepted online. Cash only at the door (if space available).

*

SoJust hosts events that draw progressives of all stripes that share common
values but may work on different issues. We host monthly socials that allow
for the possibility of cross-issue connections and run a monthly Skillshare
Series, hosted by The NonProfit Center*, which increases our individual
capacity for movement building.

SCHEDULE
6:00-6:30 Socializing -  *bring your own dinner*
6:30-8:30 Training and Q&A

*Value-Based Time Management*
This workshop begins with a discussion of how time should be viewed and
valued; why one needs to manage it; and how successful people tend to view
and use time. Then we move onto the five foundational principles of time
management, and contrast examples of managed and unmanaged time schedules.
We then discuss right and wrong ways to use time, lifestyles that support
and inhibit success, and techniques for budgeting and tracking your time.
We also discuss how to set priorities; how to decide and maintain
boundaries; and how to “create” time through delegation and other
techniques. Finally, we discuss tips for sticking to your schedule, and
dealing with unsupportive people. After the workshop, many participants
report being more productive and less stressed.

ABOUT OUR PRESENTER
*Hillary Rettig*'s latest book is "The 7 Secrets of the Prolific: The
Definitive Guide to Overcoming Procrastination, Perfectionism, and Writer's
Block" (Infinite Art, 2011), and she is also author of The Lifelong
Activist: How to Change the World Without Losing Your Way
(Lantern Books, 2011). She is also a vegan, kidney donor, and foster
parent. For more on Hillary's books, workshops, and coaching, as well as
abundant free downloads, visit www.hillaryrettig.com. [At the Skillshare,
Hillary will be selling "The 7 Secrets of the Prolific" for a discounted
$20, with $5 of each sale going to SoJust.]

**  DIRECTIONS<http://www.nonprofitcenterboston.org/site/c.ddKGIQNuEmG/b.1363373/k.5381/About_Us__Directions.htm>
-
The NonProfit Center* is located one block from South Station at 89 South
Street. The Center is physically accessible through the main lobby.
*Socializing for Justice - www.sojust.org*
Since 2006, we've been building this great sandbox where we can bring
progressives of all stripes together and try out new ideas in this
"Movement Moment". Spaces like this are crucial as we start to reframe and
build new visions for our movement(s).

With 2200 members and 6+ years of creating a diverse cross-issue community
in Boston (140+ events!), Socializing for Justice is the best place to find
the great people, organizations and community you're looking for while
putting the SOCIAL back in social justice.

*YES, WE MEAN YOU.* We've got members of all ages, races, genders, sexual
orientations, levels of activism and professions. We hope you see someone
like yourself and meet someone you otherwise wouldn't have.

*Want to know more about SoJust?* Check out our  Frequently Asked
Questions<http://sojust.meetup.com/1/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3187615>
 and  past event photos <http://sojust.meetup.com/1/photos/>!