[act-ma] CCB Sunday Potluck Gatherings & Upcoming Summer Events

Commchurch.org info at commchurch.org
Fri Jul 12 07:37:16 PDT 2013

THE COMMUNITY CHURCH OF BOSTON
SUNDAY SPEAKERS FORUM presents...

SUMMER SUNDAY POTLUCK GATHERINGS
at the Community Church of Boston

July 7 - September 1, 2013
12:00pm

Please join us for Pot Luck Brunches, political conversation, action
planning and getting to know each other. All are Welcome!

Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St. (Copley Square)
www.communitychurchofboston.org

*************

ANNUAL HIROSHIMA/NAGASAKI COMMEMORATION ON GEORGE'S ISLAND

Sunday, August 4th
George's Island (meet at Long Warf North Pier at 10:30am)

The Community Church of Boston will hold our annual Hiroshima/Nagasaki
Commemoration on George's Island. People wishing to
attend should gather together at the Long Wharf North Pier (right next to
Columbus Park) at 10:30am to get on the 11:00am ferry to George's Island.

Tickets can be purchased before hand or at the Pier. Everyone is encouraged
to bring food to share and other picnic related things. We will have a short
service together while we eat and share time with one another, living for a
world free of nuclear weapons!

Ferry Tickets are:

#  Adult: $14
# Senior (65+): $10
# Child (ages 3-11): $8
# Children under 3 yrs: Free

Visit www.bostonharborislands.com to learn more about the different islands

*************

ANNUAL COMMUNITY CHURCH OF BOSTON PICNIC

Saturday, August 17th
2:00pm
at the home of Lenny Shames (Watertown, MA)

This year's annual CCB picnic will take place at the home of Lenny Shames,
81 Nyack St. Watertown. Please bring food and refreshments to share!
Directions by car: From Watertown Square - go west on Main St. (toward
Waltham) about 8 or 9 blocks, to Lexington St. Turn right, go 6 blocks, to
Philip Darch Rd. Turn left, go 6 blocks to Nyack St. (corner house).

Directions by the T: Kenmore bus (#57), to Watertown Square. Or Harvard
Square, #73 bus to the end (Waverly Square).

*************

DIRECTIONS/PARKING

The Community Church is located at 565 Boylston Street in Copley Square,
between Dartmouth and Clarendon Streets.

Parking is available on Sunday mornings at the Back Bay Garage (entrances on
Clarendon Street or St. James Ave.). We can provide a discount coupon and
you will be charged $5.00 for 3 hours of parking.

By public transportation, take the Green line to Copley or take the Orange
line to Back Bay station. Community Church is a 2-minute walk from either
station.

*************

A PEACE AND JUSTICE CONGREGATION SINCE 1920

The Community Church of Boston is a free community united for the study and
practice of universal religion, seeking to apply ethical ideals to
individual life and the democratic and cooperative principle to all forms of
social and economic life.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US

Linda Jenkins, Congregational Director
Community Church of Boston