[act-ma] THIS FRIDAY!: First Friday Youth Open Mic feat. Porsha Olayiwola

Sofia w sofiawolman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 09:44:16 PDT 2013

@FIRSTBAPTISTJP || 633 CENTRE STREET|| JP
PRESENTS:

Friday, September 6, 2013

7pm

First Friday Youth Open Mic
featuring Boston's own Porsha Olayiwola
[image: Inline image 1]

RSVP <https://www.facebook.com/events/674618432551761/>

COMMITTEE-CAMBRIGE, MA <https://afsc.org/office/cambridge-ma>

House turntablist: DJ Eliot Ness

Admission: free for performers and those under 25; suggested donation for
those over 25 and older $10. (no one will be turned away)

.

We are honored to have Porsha Rashidaat J.
Olayiwola<https://www.facebook.com/PorshaO?directed_target_id=0>
 join us for our July First Friday Youth Open
Mic<https://www.facebook.com/FirstFridaysJP#>.
 Every First Friday, The First Baptist Church in Jamaica
Plain<http://www.firstbaptistjp.org/> in
partnership with Jamaica Plain Christian Science Society
<http://jpchurch.com/>creates
a space for young poets, singers, musicians, DJs, rappers, and dancers to
come out and show their love for peace and justice in the world.

Black, dyke, poet, lover hip-hop feminist, womanist friend, Porsha
Olayiwola is a performance artist who believes in pixie dust and second
chances. A resident of Boston by way of Chicago, Porsha O. was runner-up at
the 2012 Women of the World Poetry Slam and a member of the current Lizard
Lounge National Poetry Slam Team. Her intention is to speak, love, and
maintain a cypher that is undocumented, uncontrollable and just plain ole
dope.