[act-ma] Protest Israeli Expulsion of 40, 000 Bedouin people: Wednesday, 9/25, 12 PM, Downtown Boston

Liza Behrendt ljbehrendt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 14:32:46 PDT 2013

*

Jewish Voice for Peace wants you to take a stand
*
*

AGAINST ISRAEL'S PRAWER PLAN
*

**

**

*This Sukkot <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukkot>, Stop Israel’s Forced
Expulsion of over 40,000 Bedouin People*

Wednesday, Sept. 25th 12:00pm-1:00pm

The Israeli Consulate: 20 Park Plaza, Boston

**

The Israeli parliament approved the first reading of the Prawer
Plan<http://adalah.org/eng/?mod=articles&ID=1589>,
which calls for the forced expulsion of 40,000 Bedouin people from their
homes, property, and ancestral homeland. This massive violation of human
rights just got a big step closer to reality. But it's not too late to stop
it: if we act now, we can make a difference.

With the holiday of Sukkot <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukkot> upon us,
Jewish Voice for Peace Boston will be staging a holiday-themed action
outside the Israeli Consulate on Wednesday, September 25 from
12:00pm-1:00pm, with a possible march afterwards.  On Sukkot we remember
when our Jewish ancestors wandered through the desert with no shelter or
homes of our own. We will not stand silently by and let the Israeli
government forcibly remove an entire people from their rightful homes and
homeland.  All are welcome, and participation in a brief Jewish ritual is
optional.  We will bring a Sukkah and signs, so no need to bring anything!

*Share over facebook.
<https://www.facebook.com/events/362719067194181/> *Contact
liza at jvp-boston.org with any questions.
Liza Behrendt
*Organizer, Jewish Voice for Peace - Boston*
603-397-2412, liza at jvp-boston.org
Tell TIAA-CREF: Divest from Israeli Occupation <http://wedivest.org>