[act-ma] Food Justice Action Alert! June 1st - June 3rd Support Good Jobs at Market Basket!

Camilo Viveiros camiloviveiros at gmail.com
Mon May 30 20:56:13 PDT 2016

Action Alert for Food Justice Activists about Market Basket informational

As a former grocery store worker and an environmental and labor activist, I
want to encourage food justice activists to come and lend a hand during the
upcoming informational picket at Market Basket.

Just like many low-wage jobs, CEOs like to deny the scope and scale of
people needed to supply us with our food. They diminish and ignore the fact
that retail and grocery jobs are not just jobs that teenagers work.

Workers have fought for everything that we have and we need our fellow
environmentalists to look around to recognize that we need their solidarity
to build a just food system for workers across the whole supply chain. Food
justice and environmental justice activists can be a powerful ally in our
efforts to organize against exploitation along the food chain.

Sincerely in Solidarity,
Camilo Viveiros
Greater Southeastern Mass Labor Council

*Support Good Jobs at Market Basket!*

*June 1st - June 3rd, **Informational Picket Line at **Market Basket *

Join UFCW Local 328 along with community allies for three days of
solidarity with Market Basket grocery store workers.

·     *Wednesday, June 1st, ‪     9:00am – 5:00pm*

·     *Thursday,    June 2nd, ‪    9:00am – 5:00pm*

·     *Friday,          June 3rd,     ‪9:00am – 5:00pm*

*Market Basket, **One Commerce Way, Plymouth, MA*

*Please spread the word to friends, family and allies.*
* Thank you for showing support for Market Basket workers**.*

For more information call Domenic Pontarelli at 508-400-2220