[act-ma] 2/97 “Using Water as a Weapon: Israeli Policies in the Occupied Palestinian Territories” with Nidal Al-Azraq

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sat Feb 6 19:41:00 PST 2021

REMINDER-TOMORROW at 11AM: “Using Water as a Weapon: Israeli Policies in
the Occupied Palestinian Territories” with Nidal Al-Azraq
Here is what's happening virtually in February at Community Church of
Boston!

View this email with full graphics in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/1c365d35f0f4/ccb-programs-nidal_al-azraq-feb-7th-4468650?e=3e8e4cf5c6>

*Sunday Program:
February 7, 2021*
*at 11:00 AM EST*

***“Using Water as a Weapon: Israeli Policies in
the Occupied Palestinian Territories”

with Nidal Al-Azraq

*

*Nidal Al-Azraq *is a Palestinian refugee who was born and raised in
Aida Refugee Camp in Bethlehem, the West Bank, Palestine. He earned his
Bachelor’s Degree with Honors from Harvard Extension School, Dean’s List
Academic Achievement Award, and Derek Bok Public Service Prize. He is
currently working as the executive director of 1for3.org, a US based
organization that focuses on water, food, health, and environmental work
in Palestinian refugee camps in the West Bank. Al-Azraq has also
contributed in the making of the documentary film, Degrees of
Incarceration; and he is an award-winning author who co-authored two
books, one of which won the Josephine “Scout” Wollman Fuller Award for
the promotion of peace and social justice in the Middle East. Nidal is
currently organizing and leading medical missions from the US to
Palestine to help improve the medical system, and treatment, primarily
focusing in refugee camps. As well as partnering with Tufts University
establishing small labs, water testing, and treatment programs.

*Music by Tareq Randisi & Naseem Alatrash*

*Tareq Rantisi* is a world percussionist, composer, and educator.
Initially self-taught in Arabic percussion, he received a master’s
degree Contemporary Performance at the Berklee Global Jazz Institute
2019 and a bachelor’s degree in Percussion Performance from Berklee
College of Music in 2011.

   A globally acclaimed Palestinian cellist, *Naseem Alatrash* is a
sonic product of his upbringing in the Middle East. An accomplished
classically trained musician and improviser in diverse
styles, Alatrash has earned a reputation for fearlessly broadening the
horizons of the cello on the world stage.

/Photo: Gaza_water-ecomena.org/

*Missed a CCB program? Watch passed programs on our YouTube channel
here.
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=cd519ce829&e=3e8e4cf5c6>
*
Get on the CCB email list by sending a request to communitychurch at gmail.com

*Join this CCB Sunday program here:***Join the Zoom program here.
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=8844941fda&e=3e8e4cf5c6>*Meeting
ID:*  *895 5257 5898*
*Password: 246499***

*To access by One Tap Mobile phone:* *+13126266799,,89552575898#*  US (Chicago)
*+19292056099,,89552575898#*  US (New York)

*Dial by your location:*
        *+1 312 626 6799 US*  (Chicago)
         *+1 929 205 6099 US*  (New York)
         *+1 301 715 8592 US*  (Germantown)
         *+1 346 248 7799 US*  (Houston)
         *+1 669 900 6833 US*  (San Jose)
         *+1 253 215 8782 US*  (Tacoma)

*Our Purpose* Community Church of Boston is a free community united for
the study and practice of universal religion, seeking to apply ethical
ideals to individual life and the democratic and cooperative principle
to all forms of social and economic life.
*Staff* *Christle Rawlins-Jackson,* Office and Publications Manager
*Dean Stevens*, Interim Administrator *Luis Alonzo Guzman,* Custodian
and Cook *Xinli Xu,* Bookkeeper

*Board of Directors* Charlie Welch, President Alan Clemence, Vice
President Sandra Ruiz-Harris, Treasurer Dick Keshishian, Clerk Jim
Casteris, Ron Elbert, Ed Pazzanese, David Woodruff, Judith Woodruff

      *Thanks for Reading*

The team at the Community Church of Boston wants to extend a hearty
'thank you' to all of our wonderful readers. You make our community
shine, and we want to keep that going! If you're not a regular just yet
v <#communitychurchofboston.org>isit our web site
<https://communitychurchofboston.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=97f7dfeb0bfd338d2250fe8e5&id=1e5951b30d&e=3e8e4cf5c6> to
learn more about us. /Copyright © 2021 Community Church of Boston, All
rights reserved./ You're receiving this email because you provided
Community Church of Boston with your email address at a Sunday forum or
other event. *Our mailing address is:*
Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116